WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fr. Chazal States that Sedeprivationism Accurately Explains the Situation in the Catholic Church. Says, "I don't care if they call me a sedevacantist for it."

 Fr. Chazal States that Sedeprivationism Accurately Explains the Situation in the Catholic Church. Says, "I don't care if they call me a sedevacantist for it."


Here is my email exchange with Fr. Francois Chazal about the position that he articulates in his new upcoming book about Francis, the Papacy, and Fr. Anthony Cekada.




Father
By sedeplenist [I meant to say sedeprivationist] I take it to mean that a man has been elected legitimately to the papacy but cannot exercise his power or take it on because of the obstacle of heresy. Would you say this applies to Francis or not?

Dr. Chojnowski: Fr. Chazal's kind response. And by the way, unlike the arch laymen of Misters Salza and Siscoe, has been a perfect gentleman in this entire back and forth. Here is his response.

Yes, in virtue of canon law. 2264.
That s also the basis for us using supplied jurisdiction (canon 209).
It has been our policy from day one, and the Archbishop was much criticised for it.
It is obvious that the Church does not want Catholics to place themselves under heretics, because they will inevitably drag them towards heresy, or at least compromise. That s also the whole debate since 2012.
i really dont care if they call me a sedevacantist if i hold this principle.
fc+