WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Sunday, March 26, 2017

POEM: “Nothing In This World”



POEM: “Nothing In This World”
By: Eric Gajewski
From the work, “Fortress of the soul”
Please enjoy and share my latest poem.  Please keep me in prayer!

Press play and listen as you read

“Nothing In This World”
Nothing in this world is safe and secure
Except You,
I lied so many times in this passing world
Which only provokes the self
I dined blindly and made a bed with thy enemy
Till thy lovely gaze took hold of me and became my help
I was smiling on the surface but all the while dead
Until Your touch came and thy Fire was felt
Nothing in this world is safe and secure
Except You,
For a once complex life now is made simple in Your arms
Uponst Your sweet hands I rest
Blessed, in these inner fields of peace
Produced by Your broken and bloody palms,
For nothing in this world is safe and secure
Except You,
I thought I knew it all
Till life stopped and my heart paused
Seeing You thrice fall
This was enough for me, on my way now to Calvary
To plant myself by Mary, beneath the shade of thy Tree
As an eagle who seeks only to eat of thy Body
It is here! Oh Mercy… in my most violently suffering
That I hear You inwardly most loudly
Yea, nothing in this world is safe and secure
Except Thee,
I entered this cruel world stained
Yet it was You who took away my blame
And it twas thy Love which turned me into this fool
I am a sinner still, riding upon the ass of self
But at the same time have hopes
To be where thy glorious Saints are too
Nothing in this world is safe and secure,
Except You,
With Thy every Word, a match was struck
Nay, my false city crumbled
When into Thee, I, reluctantly, at first, stumbled
Having now prepared “the kindle” for my soul
My heart thence caught Fire, arising out of the muck
For nothing in this world is safe and secure,
Except You,
They say life is a journey
But what good are my steps without the map
Yea, it is only Ye who possess the “eternal entrance”
Thus, in You, I, alone hope to be
Nothing in this world is safe and secure
Except You,
Mayst the angels sing forever
Mayst the sinner repent
Mayst we all persevere unto the end
For Love’s hands have tugged upon my heart’s lever
Nothing in this world is safe and secure
Except You,
A heart without You must follow the Light
Poor souls, not knowing, they are really lonely
For Love has the highest seat
Your Sacred Heart secure
And my safety is in thy own might
For it is only when two hearts unite
One man-made, One Eternal and True,
That we can truthfully say…
Nothing in this world is safe and secure
Except You.


Let us call to mind our transgressions and have that intent on becoming better Christians daily.  Nothing in this world compares to our God yet we often do not treat Him this way.  He is our Source and End.  He is the Bridgeroom who makes a way for us in this ever-growing evil world.  The more we turn to the world the more we tend to self yet the more we turn to Christ the more charitable we become.  Let His Sacred Heart be your guide through this crisis in the Church.  No dark night can put out the Eternal Fire.  Let us continue to pray for the Pope, prelates, priests, souls in Purgatory and for poor sinners, Ave Maria!


Some of my other poems: